Location: Cedar City, UT
Company: Centerline Energy Construction
Reports To: Foreman
Centerline Energy Construction is hiring Construction Laborers in Cedar City, UT and surrounding areas. Responsible for performing General Labor duties in Gas Pipeline Construction as directed by the Foreman/Superintendent. Most importantly, candidates must be safety conscious of themselves and everyone around them. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits. Pay rate is between $15-$20/hr. DOE. The regular hours of the position are M-F with some weekends as needed.
- Accrued vacation time starts after 90 days of employment.
- Company provided Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K option with company match.
- (7) paid holidays each year.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- All aspects of underground construction/excavation, including but not limited to the following: Hand Digging, installation of pipe into a ditch, spotting for equipment operator, etc.
- Creating and ensuring a positive, professional company image on the job site
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman.
- Must have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
- Identify issues and report to Foreman/Superintendent
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adhering to all Company and Pipeline Operator Standards and Procedures.
- High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to get to and from work.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Basic knowledge of and skills to perform various construction tasks in a safe manner.
- Basic knowledge of and skills to utilize hand tools in a safe manner.
- Ability to work & communicate directly with others in a professional manner.
- High awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is always required.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service.
- Workers will use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include respirators, fall protection, safety glasses, hard hat, etc., as conditions warrant.
- Workers are required to use/wear the appropriate safety equipment for each applicable task and may establish requirements for the use of protective equipment by other work groups.
- Work locations may include being in the presence of “rotating equipment” and energized equipment.
- Able to spend long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required.
- Able to work in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high and low temperature environments, adverse weather conditions, etc.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- Able to lift to 50 pounds frequently.