Location: Cedar City, Utah, and surrounding areas
Reports to: Superintendent
Exempt (salary) or nonexempt (hourly) position: To be determined, will specify in offer letter
Full time position
Pay: Based on experience and qualifications
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am to 5:00pm, with overtime and additional days as project requires.
Centerline Energy Construction is hiring for the position of Foreman. An employee in this position is responsible for day-to-day direct supervision of all responsibilities assigned to the scope(s) of work. Candidates must have attention to detail and strong communication skills. They should have a teamwork mentality, lead by example, and have a willingness to perform other duties as required. Most importantly, candidates must be safety conscious of themselves and everyone around them.
Class A CDL preferred: The CDL driver portion of the position will include transporting a dump truck, driving company vehicles that are pulling trailers with tools and/or equipment such as excavators, and driving to other locations to pick up materials and supplies.
An ideal candidate will have a class A CDL and 5+ years of experience in a Gas Distribution Construction leadership capacity. Operator Qualified in an OQ platform. Experience in pipe fitting Gas Distribution PE pipe. Experience in operating and maintaining equipment. Competent in the use of electronic devices and software such as iPads, smartphones, Microsoft Office, Applications. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits.
- Paid time off available after 90 days of employment
- Company provided medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with company match after first year of employment
- (7) paid holidays each year
- Main roles and responsibilities are: Daily management of field crew, production efficiencies, daily safety/JSAs, communication with Inspection and Client, daily logs, manage crew capabilities & OQs
- Provide direct supervision and technical guidance of up to 5 people on a Distribution Pipeline Crew performing various tasks required for proper installation of Natural Gas Pipeline per company and client standards, including maintenance and new construction.
- Coordinating essential personnel on-site for the project to include crew mobilization
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations
- Identifying, communicating, and troubleshooting problems on the job site
- Creating and ensuring a positive, professional company image on the job site
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment
- Assist with planning, directing and budget activities concerned with the construction of pipeline installation projects.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings, and scopes of work
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Construction Managers, Project Managers, and other project personnel as required
- Understand and follow detailed construction schedules
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office
- Must be able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Accept supervisory accountability for the health and safety of all subordinate workers.
- Assist work crews with the development of comprehensive hazard analysis of their work task and work area before permitting work to begin.
- Coordinate work with other working foremen.
- Identify problems to supervisors/superintendents.
- Report progress to supervisors/superintendents.
- Review and prepare for work to be performed.
- Prepare and conduct pre-job briefs as directed by the supervisor
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience as a Foreman, General Foreman or Superintendent highly preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience with Excavating equipment including trenchers, excavators, backhoes, skidsteers, etc.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license (Class A CDL) preferred.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- Ability to communicate information and ideas to others.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing to others.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction of Distribution Natural Gas Pipelines
- General knowledge of machines, tools, their uses, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing productivity.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing optimum customer service.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- The work environment is primarily outdoors
- Workers will be required to use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include respirators, fall protection, safety glasses, hi-vis clothing, hard hat, etc., as conditions, tasks, and requirements warrant
- Work situations may include being in the presence of “rotating equipment” and energized equipment. As such, workers must be cognizant of ensuring that the equipment is “Locked Out” before working within machine guards or in proximity to energized components
- Work situations include working on / near live utility lines such as natural gas, water, and electric lines
- Workers may work on and near heavy excavation equipment, vehicles, and trailers
- Work is regularly outside year-round and exposure to natural elements such as heat, cold, wind, and sun is to be expected
- The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-100 lbs.
- Work may be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high and low temperature environments, adverse weather conditions, etc.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly