- Construction Management
Position: Project Manager
Location: Northern Colorado
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Division Manager
Exempt (salary) or nonexempt (hourly) position: Exempt (Salary)
Full time position
Pay: $85,000 – $118,000 annually, based on experience and qualifications
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm, with overtime and additional days as project requires.
Centerline Energy Construction is hiring for the position of Project Manager. An employee in this position is responsible for safety, financial management, schedule, risk management, quality control, customer satisfaction, and promoting company culture and values. They oversee all aspects of the project including direct communication with stakeholders. Candidates must have attention to detail and excellent communication skills. They assure that the company is represented professionally by providing outstanding customer service. Most importantly, candidates must be safety conscious of themselves, other workers, the public, and the environment.
An ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience in construction project management. They will be competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite as well as MS Project. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits.
- Paid time off available after 90 days of employment.
- Company provided medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with company match after first year of employment.
- (7) paid holidays each year
- Main roles and responsibilities: financial management, change management, scheduling, risk management, customer satisfaction, quality control, and invoicing.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable direct reports such as assistant project managers.
- Manage projects through the entire project lifecycle.
- Oversee all aspects of the project including direct communication with clients, subcontractors, and vendors related to project cost, staffing and scheduling.
- Directly responsible for the financial performance of projects.
- Assures that the company is represented professionally by providing outstanding customer service.
- Creating and ensuring a positive, professional company image on the job site
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, solid teamwork skills and understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace.
- Accept supervisory accountability for the health and safety of all subordinate workers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years construction experience
- Project Management training, coursework encouraged.
- Previous experience in Project Management/Estimator role
- Bachelor’s degree in related field desired yet not required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is always required.
- Familiar with project management Standard Operating Procedures and has a working knowledge of field activities.
- Partners with field management to lead and direct work activities.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service.
- Must be able to work additional hours.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas verbally and written to others.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oversee all project safety implementation as a back-up to the Superintendent.
- Perform “Safety Audits” quarterly (minimum)
- Ensure reporting of near misses and accidents/incidents.
- Support the adherence to safety protocols over production.
- Financial Management
- Subcontractor and Vendor selection and procurement
- Prepare weekly/monthly client billings.
- Review and approve subcontractor/vendor invoices.
- Prepare RFC’s and COs in a timely & professional manner for presentation to clients.
- Negotiate Prime and Subcontractor change orders.
- Participate in the monthly margin analysis projections and provide financials for WIP preparation and review.
- Work with Superintendent to develop a preliminary project schedule and maintain updates.
- Provide 3-week look-ahead schedules during Progress Meetings.
- Communicate milestones to the project team to invoke a sense of urgency.
- Hold Superintendent accountable for schedule milestones.
- Ensure schedule is communicated and distributed to subcontractors and long-lead time materials are addressed. Manage delivery dates to “feed the field.”
- Manage all RFCs for schedule impact and provide documentation (i.e., updated CPM schedule.)
- Analyze project risk vs. cost for overtime and schedule related costs.
- Risk Management
- Negotiate solid subcontracts, to include relevant Terms & Conditions.
- Select subcontractors based on balance of cost competitive vs. performance.
- Ensure all MSA document requirements are received prior to subs being on-site.
- Ensure all “Attachment A” documents and subcontractor releases are signed prior to subs being on-site.
- Understand and review owner contracts and specific requirements and communicate to subs.
- Initiate all close-out issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Utilize proper project documentation via Meeting Minutes, Project Issues Logs, etc.
- Quality Control
- Ensure materials delivered to the project site are reviewed and inventoried by field staff and ensure MTRs are in place prior to use of materials.
- Ensure close-out is started early and is completed with a sense of urgency.
- Review, communicate and manage punch list to ensure all items are completed timely.
- Follow-up on all warranty items in a timely manner.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Maintain regular communication with client representative throughout project lifecycle.
- Return phone calls and emails within 24 hours; hold project team accountable for doing the same.
- Be reliable; make sure work is completed when you say it will; do what you say you will.
- Be flexible to client requests while staying within company standards.
- Build a rapport with clients through professional and efficient performance.
- Continue communication with previous clients on a regular basis.
- Work Procurement
- Ensure current clients would hire Centerline on their next project.
- Receive letter of recommendation from client upon project completion.
- Promote Company Culture
- Champion the Centerline Energy Construction Mission and Core Values.
- Actively participate in creating a positive work culture.
- Mentor others about the importance of maintaining a focus on our Mission and Core Values.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- The work environment consists of desk work as well as periodic visits to the job site/crew.
- Workers will be required to use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include respirators, fall protection, safety glasses, hi-vis clothing, hard hat, etc., as conditions, tasks, and requirements warrant.
- Work situations may include being in the presence of “rotating equipment” and energized equipment. As such, workers must be cognizant of ensuring that the equipment is “Locked Out” before working within machine guards or in proximity to energized components.
- Work situations include working on / near live utility lines such as natural gas, water, and electric lines.
- Workers may work on and near heavy excavation equipment, vehicles, and trailers.
- Job site visits are regularly outside year-round and exposure to natural elements such as heat, cold, wind, and sun is to be expected.
- The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time at a desk as well as in the physical activities of standing, walking, and climbing.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.