Position: Safety Coordinator (Health, Safety, & Environmental)
Location: Windsor, Colorado
Reports to: HSE Manager
Exempt (salary) or nonexempt (hourly) position: Nonexempt
Full time position
Pay: $26.00 to $30.00 based on experience and qualifications
Hours: Monday-Friday 7am to 5pm, with overtime and additional days as project requires.
Centerline Energy Construction is hiring for the position of Safety Coordinator. Responsible for all safety aspects of the division or project, overseeing progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner. Candidate must have attention to detail and strong communication skills. Candidate must be a good leader, able to multi-task, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office, Goal Oriented and driven to succeed.
An ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a Safety related role. Competent in the use of electronic devices and software such as PC’s, iPads, smartphones, Microsoft Office, Applications. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits.
- Paid time off available after 90 days of employment.
- Company provided medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- 401K with company match after first year of employment.
- (7) paid holidays each year.
- Main roles and responsibilities are: Corporate safety program, field audits, case management, OSHA records/documentation, employee safety trainings, and industry development.
- Run the day-to-day safety operations, under the guidance of the HSE Manager.
- Monitors construction activities and advise management on compliance with applicable regulations, laws, and industry best practices.
- Maintain DOT compliance, OSHA and OQ’s (Operator Qualification Training)
- Assist with the company safety training curriculum, including coordinating, and delivering training toolbox talks and courses.
- Assists in the investigation of serious accidents, major property damage and incidents with the public. Analyzes investigative data and assists in the development of preventive measures to eliminate or control hazards and potential liabilities.
- Assist with project specific claims management functions.
- Attend client-based safety meetings in representation of CEC.
- Assist HSE Manager as directed with Workers’ Compensation, property, general liability, and auto insurance.
- Reports all claims (i.e., work comp, property, auto and liability) directly to HSE Manager.
- Assist with coordinating return-to-work and “light-duty” job descriptions on each project.
- Assists HSE Manager with safety and health program evaluations of construction activities and advises supervision and management of adequacy and compliance with mandatory rules and regulations.
- Point of Contact for all aspects relating to safety for assigned project/division.
- Communicate with HSE Manager any / all issues requiring attention.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to company safety status.
- Creating and ensuring a positive, professional company image always.
- Communicate directly with Superintendents, Project Managers, and Division/Corporate Management as required.
- Must be able to coordinate and collaborate with multiple personnel from the field to the office.
- Assist with identifying, assessing, and controlling hazards.
- Must communicate effectively.
- Accept supervisory accountability for the health and safety for the company.
- Identify problems and provide potential solutions.
- Support the safety incentive program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven work experience in safety related role
- Advanced knowledge of safety processes in the Oil and Gas industry preferred.
- Expert knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture.”
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home as needed.
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to corporate goals.
- Must be able to work additional hours as needed.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR with some medical/nursing background preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred yet not required.
- The work environment involves both office desk work and visits to active outdoor construction areas.
- Workers will be required to use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include, safety glasses, hi-vis clothing, hard hat, safety boots, etc., as conditions, tasks, and requirements warrant.
- Work situations include working on / near live utility lines such as natural gas, water, and electric lines.
- Workers may work on and near heavy excavation equipment, vehicles, and trailers.
- Site visits are regularly outside year-round and exposure to natural elements such as heat, cold, wind, and sun is to be expected.
- The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time either at a desk or in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending, and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-50 lbs.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time.
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions.
- This role is a fast-paced working environment with multiple projects and crews operating simultaneously. Work locations may vary. It is of the utmost importance to maintain the highest level of professionalism. We expect everyone to “go above and beyond” and to uphold our corporate core values.