Location: Northern Colorado
Reports to: Foreman
Exempt (salary) or nonexempt (hourly) position: Nonexempt
Full time position
Pay: $20 to $24/hour based on experience and qualifications.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00am to 5:00pm, with overtime pay and additional days as project requires.
Centerline Energy Construction is hiring for the position of Fuser. Responsible for performing Fuser and General Labor duties in Gas Pipeline Construction as directed by Foreman. Must have a teamwork mentality and a willingness to perform other duties as required. Most importantly, candidates must be safety conscious of themselves and everyone around them.
The position will involve the installation, testing, and repair of natural gas service and main lines. Fusing will involve installing/joining 1/2”-8” polyethylene natural gas pipe using bolt-on tees, mechanical fittings, electrofusion, socket fusion, and butt fusion. Work will also involve inspecting, examining, and testing installed systems and pipelines using pressure gauges, as well as general manual labor.
Class A CDL preferred: The CDL driver portion of the position will include transporting a dump truck, driving company vehicles that are pulling trailers with tools and/or equipment such as excavators, and driving to other locations to pick up materials and supplies.
An ideal candidate will have a class A CDL, a high school diploma, and experience in a Gas Distribution Construction Industry. Operator Qualified in an OQ platform a plus. Experience in pipe fitting Gas Distribution PE pipe preferred.
- Paid time off available after 90 days of employment
- Company provided medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with company match after first year of employment
- (7) paid holidays each year
- Follow all safety regulations
- All aspects of underground construction including but not limited to the following: hand digging, installation of pipe into a ditch, spotting for equipment operator, etc.
- Creating and ensuring a positive, professional company image on the job site
- Perform general construction work under direction of Foreman / Superintendent
- Must have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Identify issues and report to foreman / superintendent.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Adhering to all Company and Pipeline Operator Standards and Procedures
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background check
- Basic knowledge of and skills to perform various construction tasks in a safe manner
- Basic knowledge of and skills to utilize hand tools in a safe manner
- Ability to work & communicate directly with others in a professional manner
- Class A CDL a high priority
- Preferred experience: Installing/joining 1/2”-8” polyethylene natural gas pipe using bolt-on tees, mechanical fittings, electrofusion, socket fusion, and butt fusion.
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- Work will be primarily outdoors
- Workers will be required to use appropriate personal protective equipment, which may include respirators, fall protection, safety glasses, hi-vis clothing, hard hat, etc., as conditions, tasks, and requirements warrant
- Work situations may include being in the presence of “rotating equipment” and energized equipment. As such, workers must be cognizant of ensuring that the equipment is “Locked Out” before working within machine guards or in proximity to energized components
- Work situations include working on / near live utility lines such as natural gas, water, and electric lines
- Workers may work on and near heavy excavation equipment, vehicles, and trailers
- Work is regularly outside year-round and exposure to natural elements such as heat, cold, wind, and sun is to be expected
- The essential functions of this position consist of spending long periods of time in the physical activities of standing, walking, climbing, lifting, carrying, twisting, kneeling, stooping, bending and crouching as required. This position also involves handling equipment ranging in weight from 1-100 lbs.
- Work may be performed in adverse environmental conditions such as confined spaces, high and low temperature environments, adverse weather conditions, etc.
- Capacity to think, concentrate and focus for long periods of time
- Capacity to reason and make sound decisions
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly